CHASSIS REPAIRS

Dora, AL.
http://www.sayre-speedway.com

Moderator: STTNews

CHASSIS REPAIRS

New postby kteck15 on Fri May 19, 2017 11:20 am

I already know the answer to this question because I talked to Barry about it this week, but I would like to put it out there for others to comment on and see how the racers feel about it.

At the end of last season my modified was involved in an accident at Montgomery. The front clip and rear clip sustained damage. Rules allow use of 2 X 3 tubing to be used in the rear clip area. However my front clip was damaged in front of the crossmember. It only holds the steering box, idler arm and sway bar mounts in place.

Since older frames are harder to find and most junk yard people dont want to cut the frame hornes off of a good frame I proposed the use of 2 X 3 tubing in front of the front cross member. We all know that it would be lighter but the real upside would be ease of repair plus cost.

Just cut the old frame horns off in front of the cross member, plate it and then use 2 X 3 as your new horns

Does anyone else out there think we need to be looking at alternative ways to repair our cars when they are damaged ?? Ways to save us money so we can get more cars to the tracks. If I can repair damage like this for under $75, VS taking the car to a frame machine or trying to find a stock frame horn, the racing for $ 600 a race isn't such a burden to my pocket.

Does anyone else have any thoughts about the direction we are headed with the sport and what it costs to field a car these days ??

Kteck 15
kteck15

Return to Sayre Speedway